Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
BLOG

NEWSROOM

Assets managed by cryptocurrency hedge funds reach 3.8 billion dollar
Assets managed by cryptocurrency hedge funds reach 3.8 billion dollar
22.09.2021
GENERAL
ECONOMY

Noting that the share of digital assets in the investment ecosystem has increased, Özgür Serkan Uslu, CEO of the Turkish cryptocurrency exchange Paritex, said, "It is seen that one out of every 5 hedge fund managers invest in digital assets."


*** This release is originally published in Turkish.
Google Translate Application translates the content you see on this page.***


ISTANBUL (TR) - The mobility in the cryptocurrency markets brings with it various behavioral changes in the investment world. Hedge funds, which are preferred by qualified investors and which are not subject to any restrictions on management strategy and investment instruments, are among the areas where these behavioral changes are observed. Özgür Serkan Uslu, CEO of Turkish cryptocurrency      exchange Paritex, made an evaluation on the subject, “Hedge, which refers to hedging transactions in futures contracts, has been showing a serious rise especially in the crypto money market since the beginning of 2020. So much so that, according to the Global Crypto Hedge Fund 2021 research by PwC, the average fund size reached $42.8 million, while the proportion of crypto hedge funds larger than $20 million rose from 35% to 46%. “The value of total assets (AuM) managed by cryptocurrency hedge funds worldwide is estimated to have nearly doubled from $2 billion in 2019 to $3.8 billion last year.”

86% of hedge fund managers will continue to invest in digital assets

Stating that hedge funds still have a small ratio in the crypto money market, but this ratio is expected to rise rapidly in the short term, Serkan Uslu said, “In the study conducted by PwC, it is seen that one out of every 5 hedge fund managers invest in digital assets. 86% of hedge fund managers currently investing in digital assets say they plan to invest more capital in their assets by the end of 2021. The remaining 14% state that they will maintain the same level of capital. All of this indicates that we will see hedge funds with a 3% share in the cryptocurrency market more often.”

14% turn to digital assets to avoid inflation risk

Özgür Serkan Uslu talked about the reasons why hedge fund managers include digital assets in their portfolios as follows: “The most common reason is asset diversification with 57%. On the other hand, almost a third of hedge fund managers claim to be involved in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Another 14% say that they believe incorporating digital assets into hedge funds is a good way to hedge against inflation risk. This table shows us that regardless of the reason, the share of digital assets in hedging financial risks will continue to increase.”

Contact: Tülay Genç | [email protected] | +31 30 799 6022

You can use the press releases published by B2Press in your media for free.
Fill the form immediately, get all the news instantly.
PUBLISHER REQUEST FORM
Please enter a valid name.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.
Please approve.
Copyright © 2016 - 2021 Unusual Enterprise BV
B2Press
Sending...
B2Press