PR packages include press release writing, distribution via segmented media lists and news agencies, media monitoring and reporting processes.
Do you monitor the PR activities and news of your competitors? What do they say to the public? What is on the agenda in your industry? Find out now!
B2Press offers branded/advertorial content writing that is linked to a brand which allows costumers to get to know its products or services.
AI Solutions have long been a hot topic in the world of business and technology. But ChatGPT, developed by OpenAI, has changed everything even more. Today, AI Solutions are not only used in business automation and decision-making processes. Generative AI is also transforming content creation and content marketing through language models. As B2Press Online PR Service, we are looking for answers to the question "How does AI affect content creation?".
How does AI affect content creation? If you're a content creator, content marketer, marketing team member, PR professional, or even part of the creative economy, this topic may be haunting you these days. So, let's first summarize why good content is important, starting with the definition and forms of content creation. Next, let's dive into artificial intelligence, and after defining generative AI, let's look at how AI Solutions affect content creation processes. After evaluating the pros and cons of creating content with AI Solutions, let's list the 5 most prominent AI content creation tools and conclude this article with a deep understanding of the AI content creation process.
AI Solutions have long been at the forefront of emerging technologies. So much so that, according to McKinsey data, the proportion of organizations using AI Solutions has more than doubled since 2017, although it has remained stable over the past few years. However, it might be good for McKinsey to re-evaluate this data after ChatGPT! ChatGPT and its derivative tools, which mark the first time that AI Solutions have reached the end user in such an open and clear way, make the power of artificial intelligence algorithms trained with language models even more visible. On the other hand, tools like Midjourney or Adobe's Firefly prove that AI Solutions can also surprise us with their visual capabilities.
Today, we know that digital platforms have become one of the most important sales channels for many businesses and that social media is at the center of consumer communication. Creating content becomes a necessity for brands that want to stay visible and keep in touch with their potential target audiences. So, what is content creation?
Content creation is the process of generating topic ideas that appeal to your potential target audience, transforming these ideas into written and visual content, and presenting this content through tools such as blogs, videos, infographics, ad copy, film scripts, email newsletters, etc. Brands or individuals who create content can gain the trust of their consumers by providing them with useful information on topics they are experts in, and this can translate into sales at the end of the day. Brands that create content can reach their target audiences faster by moving up in the rankings of search engines.
According to Hubspot data, content marketing, which is classified under inbound marketing, is positioned as an important part of overall marketing strategies by 40% of marketing professionals. Brands that include content marketing in their marketing strategies, regardless of B2C or B2B, receive more visits, more sign-ups, more logins and ultimately more customers in return for high-quality, original content with a strong editorial approach.
On the other hand, brands come into contact with content processes through their mobile apps, websites, e-commerce marketplaces, advertising campaigns, public relations efforts, product descriptions, press releases or brochures. It wouldn't be wrong to say that content is the starting point of marketing processes. Whether it's the creation of a video, the finalization of the visuals of a website or a social media carousel with the right storytelling style, good content is key.
Content creation and content marketing processes, which have been carried out by copywriters, editors, content editors, and content managers until today, are being transformed as a result of the progress of AI Solutions. Without further ado, let's move on to the next topic and look at AI and AI-generated content.
According to the definition of World Economic Forum, generative AI is artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms that have the capacity and ability to generate new outputs based on the data they are trained on. Unlike traditional AI systems that stand out with their functions such as recognizing patterns, automating tasks, and making predictions, generative AI can create content in different content formats such as audio, image and text. The way Generative AI works can be summarized as follows:
1. Generative AI algorithms feature a neural network that can access a database containing a large number of images, text, audio and data in different formats. This data forms the basis for generative AI to create new content.
2. End users present various prompts to this neural network through an interface. Prompt is a description of the content to be created using the existing database.
3. Generative AI receives the user's input and processes it within the database. Depending on the resources of the database, it gives the user outputs according to the prompt.
AI-generated content is output such as texts, images, audio files, etc. produced by generative AI. Generative AI can create a new portrait from a person's image with apps like Midjourney or DALL-E, or a digital oil painting with a few prompts. These AI algorithms can also generate numerous types of written content ranging from poetry to blog articles, scripts to product descriptions, push notifications to summary documents. Through apps like ChatGPT, generative AI can also act as an intelligent chatbot and create new music or sound effects.
In the context of content marketing, AI-generated content can be summarized as texts produced by AI Solutions after users enter the required text format, the topic of their choice, and keywords. In this sense, Generative AI can turn an existing blog post into a social media post. AI algorithms can proofread a written text, provide content recommendations for a blog post, or write a long email with a one-sentence prompt in seconds.
We can say that one of the most important outcomes of using AI solutions in content creation processes is that it speeds up the writing process. Just as with other traditional AI applications, using generative AI makes life easier for content editors and experts, especially in repetitive and similar content creation processes. Content creators and copywriters who accelerate repetitive content creation processes with the power of AI Solutions can focus more on value-added work.
Although AI Solutions, whose capabilities are expanding day by day, make significant contributions to content creation processes, as with any emerging technology, there are pros and cons to be considered in content creation with AI Solutions. Now, let's try to understand the arguments for and against generating content using generative AI capabilities.
While writing is not detached from emotion, empathy, reflection and intelligent approaches, writing or content creation is often an analytical process. In this context, the pros of creating content with AI Solutions are listed as follows:
- Efficiency and scalability: This also parallels the benefits of automation and AI Solutions to business processes in general. Artificial intelligence algorithms can create content much faster than humans, which is recognized as the biggest benefit that algorithms offer.
- Better SEO results: AI algorithms are trained on very comprehensive content sets. Algorithms that can scan a large portion of the data on the internet can also discover the types of content, titles and keywords that search engines like and dislike. This capability makes generative AI algorithms powerful for search engine optimization.
- Beyond the human factor: Content creation requires creativity, even with clear boundaries. This can lead to writers and content editors who are constantly creating content getting stuck at certain points. In this sense, AI Solutions are also beneficial in terms of overcoming the human factor and inspiring content writers.
- Cost control: Hiring a content editor or content writer is often more costly than using an AI service. This is also the case for content editors who work on a project basis and are paid on a freelance model. However, some AI writing tools are free, and the paid ones offer the potential to write tens of thousands of words of content for reasonable subscription fees.
We've looked at the contributions and potential benefits of AI Solutions in content creation, and now it's time to talk about the cons, which show that the technology still has a long way to go.
- Content quality and plagiarism concerns: AI Solutions use data, ready-made data sets, and algorithms to create content. In other words, it scans the available resources, learns the topic from these and transforms the content from different resources into meaningful paragraphs by combining similar expressions. This raises concerns about plagiarism and quality. On the other hand, search engines can tell if there is artificial intelligence behind the content, which has a negative impact on SEO.
- Less creativity: When asked "What are the most important characteristics of good content?" the answer is personalization, empathy and creativity. Algorithms that do not include emotional details, do not look authentic, and are used to transform aggregated data into meaningful streams may not perform adequately in long-form content and blog posts.
- The need for human intervention: AI Solutions are constantly evolving, but that doesn't mean they work flawlessly. Texts produced with AI Solutions must be reviewed by a qualified content editor to achieve the desired quality, personalize them when necessary and add a human touch.
When we evaluate all these pros and cons, we conclude that generative AI applications can be used as an assistant for writers and editors to facilitate their content creation processes. In addition, generative AI applications can also be utilized in the process of generating repetitive texts. Let's summarize the uses of AI Solutions in content creation processes under the following headings:
- Short texts: Short texts such as push notifications, emails, ad texts, descriptions and meta tags, campaign texts, repetitive tasks
- Proofreading: Re-reading existing texts, identifying typos and problematic parts, making editorial suggestions regarding the text
- Inspiration: Generative AI tools can also be a source of inspiration for content writers. For example, when a writer who has difficulty in creating an outline of an article gives the information about the topic and the keywords that should be included in the content to a generative AI tool as a prompt, they can get the article outline in a few seconds and see different alternatives.
Let's take a look at some of the most advanced AI content creation tools that are being used the most, some of which are wowing content creators.
Jasper.ai: Jasper.ai, which describes itself as an AI Content Platform, promises to write different forms of content such as caption, video script, blog content, marketing copy 10 times faster. Jasper, a generative AI platform, reduces the workload of businesses' creative teams with the power of artificial intelligence. What makes Jasper one of the most advanced tools is its ability to generate content in 26 different languages. Used by more than hundreds of thousands of companies globally, including companies such as Airbnb, Google, IBM and Canva, Jasper.ai allows teams of different disciplines such as content creators and designers to collaborate.
Frase: Thai food near me... Frase, which claims to transform SEO and content creation with artificial intelligence, is driven by the changing ways people search for information. Frase claims that nowadays customer journey starts with a question, and content should be created according to these search habits. In this sense, the company summarizes its vision as "Creating a response-driven internet that is more accessible and human for everyone."
Copy.ai: Copy.ai's promise to its users is 10 times more speed for blog posts. With Copy.ai, social media managers can create content that gets more engagement, while email marketers can create email content that is opened and read. Users enter what kind of text they want, summarize key points, and choose a tone. Copy.ai's content creator creates the requested text in the requested tone and presents it to the user.
Quillbot: Quillbot, which uses the power of artificial intelligence, is a paraphraser, grammar checker, plagiarism checker, summarizer and much more. Let's say you have a text, and you want to organize it in a more formal, simpler, more creative way or make it more flowing or short. Quillbot does it for you in seconds.
As B2Press Online PR Service, we believe that content is "king" and that good content should not lack the human touch. We know that Generative AI can make life easier for content editors, but we don't think that AI tools will put good editors out of work.
As B2Press, we work to understand your brand, develop creative approaches, identify your content needs, and offer the most appropriate solutions to these needs. B2Press digitalizes traditional public relations processes and makes press release distribution accessible through its service model. In addition, you can also meet your needs for written content such as website texts, marketing copy, social media content, downloadable documents, e-books, presentations, monthly trend summaries, email newsletters, video scripts, and speech texts. Contact us to discover what we can do for you.